Financial support available for Jaeger employees
We are saddened to hear the news that the iconic British retailer Jaeger will be closing its doors after more than 130 years of trading. Administrators and management have made the difficult decision to close 20 of its stores with the loss of 253 jobs. A further 44 job losses are also expected across the head office and distribution centre.
Our concern goes out to all employees who are affected by the changes, and we would like to extend an offer of help from our charity.
Any Jaeger employee with children aged 0-18 years can apply for an FTCT grant to help pay for essential clothing, school uniform and study essentials for the year ahead.
This scheme is similar to our BHS grants scheme which helped provide 274 school uniforms for the children of former BHS employees. One BHS parent told us:
“This grant has meant a lot to us. The money has allowed my daughter to buy all appropriate clothing and stationery for her college course. It has also helped with travel costs to and from her work placement. Thanks again for your help.” Former BHS Employee
- Grants start at £250 per child.
- To apply, parents must show they have worked at Jaeger for at least one year.
- The family must also show proof that they are receiving child benefit.
- All new grant requests will be processed in date order and if successful, payments will be made after 1st July 2017.
- As a condition of the grant, families must return original receipts for the items purchased with the grant, within one month of receiving payment.
How to make an enquiry:
STEP 1: Fill in an online enquiry form explaining where you work in fashion and textiles and everything you need funding for.
STEP 2: Click SEND ENQUIRY and your form will go into our enquiry queue. We deal with all enquiries in date order, to make it fair for all our families.
STEP 3: Look out for an email from the grants team (usually within 14 working days of clicking SEND ENQUIRY) to advise next steps.
Please help us by sharing this information to friends, family and colleagues via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram- wherever you think it would be useful.