Job Opportunity: Marketing and Communications Manager (1 year Maternity Cover)
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 | Posted in Blog
An exciting job opportunity has arisen here at FTCT.
Our marketing and communications manager will shortly be going on maternity leave (mid August 2014) for one year, so we are looking for someone to fill her position, while she is away looking after her new arrival.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone with experience of working within the marketing department of a small charity, who is looking for a new challenge. A knowledge/interest in the fashion and textile industry is also a bonus.
If you know someone who would be perfect for the role, please prompt them to apply. Deadline for applications 20th June 2014.
All applications should be directly to email@example.com.
About the Marketing and Communications Manager role:
Our charity seeks to recruit a full time permanent Marketing and Communications Manager to cover for one years’ maternity leave, working within a small team of four, based in central London. The individual will be required to implement planned campaigns under the Director’s guidance. The candidate needs to be extremely versatile, adaptable and willing to roll up their sleeves, get stuck in and be able to think on their feet. There will be considerable copy writing on a daily basis for audiences including trade press, schools, charities and event organisers. Communication is key to this role and the post holder must present a professional and helpful attitude in all dealings. Working closely with the charity Director, you will provide direct day-to-day support and management across the following areas :
• Developing existing links with database contacts including fashion retailers, children’s charities, schools, school bursar associations and trade press.
• Manage the charity website, ensuring that it remains engaging and relevant.
• Write the weekly blog post circulated to 1,800 subscribers and manage the daily Twitter / Facebook pages.
• Continue to increase the visibility of FTCT by using various communication tools, including social networks and cost effective support communications to support awareness initiatives.
• Maintain maximum exposure of the charity through pro bono trade outlets, supplying relevant ads and copy when requested. Writing of press releases.
• Design / re-format copy / images / adverts for publishers as requested.
• Representation of FTCT at trade shows and other events. This will require the postholder to work outside normal office hours.
• Work with existing trade press, events, forums, conferences etc to seek further channels of promotion for FTCT.
• Co-ordinate volunteer support for trade shows / fundraising events building in existing network. Identify new contacts for volunteers also.
• Liaise with the Director to identify, research and write up individual case studies that will be used to promote the charity on a regular basis.
• Photographic / video coverage of all FTCT events.
Closing date: 20 June 2014
Interviews: w/c 23 June 2014.