If the father and mother live together and can provide us with a child benefit letter with the same address, yes the father can still apply.

If you are separated from your partner, both parents would need to consent and contribute towards the application.

The employee/ex-employee should email proof of employment P60/P45, etc. to the mother/CB claimant.

The mother/CB claimant should then complete the application form and provide all supporting evidence PLUS a covering email/letter clarifying her consent as the parent of the child

This letter should include the child's name and date of birth.

Still have questions? 
Please contact our grants team on 0300 123 9002 
*Our office is open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.