Our grants can help single parents and carers who have worked for a clothing retailer, fashion or textile company or supermarket chain which sells clothing.

If you're finding it difficult to make ends meet due to rising energy bills and reductions to your Universal Credit, our grants could help. We can fund items for your children such as clothing, bedding and essential household items. 

Please read on to find out if you could apply and what we can fund. There is a link to our enquiry form at the end of this page. 

We're sorry but we can't fund household bills, food costs or replace lost income.
If you need help with household bills read more here about the support you can access from the government, suppliers and more. 

Who can apply?

To apply you must have worked in the UK fashion and textile industry, for at least one year within the last nine years. Find out more about our trade criteria

Our criteria covers a broad range of businesses such as: 

  • Supermarkets which sell clothing, e.g. ASDA, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, etc.
  • Clothing/footwear/bridalwear companies
  • Textile companies
  • Laundry/ dry cleaning companies
  • Fashion logistics companies
  • Soft furnishing/carpet companies
    And many more.

It doesn't matter where you've worked in a fashion or textile business, from store, to head office and distribution. As long as the work was paid, for at least a year and your end date was within the last nine years, you could apply.

Barbara and Jake's Story

Barbara and her son Jake received a grant for appliances and new clothing for Jake. Barbara used to work for the high street retailer Bonmarche and heard about FTCT through Facebook. Here, Barbara talks about their experience of applying for and receiving their grant. Read their story.

When we can help your family

Our grants typically help single parent families who are already struggling financially (in arrears on your household bills or have debt)  

You might also want to apply if your income has recently been affected in any of the following ways:

  • Redundancy 
  • Long term furlough or reduced income
  • Have been made to take unpaid leave to care for your children
  • Have lost self employed income 
  • Have to self isolate and are not entitled to sick pay or your employer can't/won't pay it
  • Struggling to cope with rising bills
  • Struggling to cope with reduced Universal Credit

There are many other ways single parent families are being affected at this time, so if you are experiencing hardship in other ways, please read on. 

What we fund

We encourage single parents and carers to apply for items your children will need for the year ahead, including: 

  • Essential clothing, e.g. seasonal clothing and school uniform and PE kit 
  • Baby clothing, equipment or bedding 
  • Children's bedroom furniture, e.g. beds, bedding, clothes storage furniture (chest of drawers)
  • Essential Appliances, e.g. replacing a broken appliance such as fridge/freezer, washing machine, cooker/oven
  • Specialist items for children with additional needs, e.g. sensory toys, adaptive clothing or SEN adapted computers

Depending on your situation, we also offer a number of grant programmes such as:

Make an enquiry

If you would like to apply for funding for any of the items listed above, the first step is to complete our online enquiry form. Click on the button below, to proceed to the next page. 

Make an enquiry 

Turn 2 Us

Turn 2 Us is an online search portal where you can search for charities who may be able to help you depending on your circumstances. 

Children in need

Children in need is offer grants to help UK children with essential items. 

Family Fund

Family Fund is the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people.